Friday, June 19, 2009

We'll weather the weather whatever the weather...whether we like it or not

This summer's weather hasn't been very summer-like so far. The kids don't seem to mind. We have had lots of overcast park days, plenty of fun indoor activities, and a few moments of sunshine. I am actually grateful for the cooler weather, as I have an internal heating element.
The newest activity in our neck of the woods is kickball in the cul-de-sac. The weather doesn't seem to affect this game at all. Last weekend the kids were out playing kickball when it started to rain pretty hard. David came in drenched a while later due to a puddle jumping episode. We changed his clothes, expecting to see the other kids close behind. Their game of kickball continued. Darin, David and I went outside to the front step to watch. The air smelled so fresh and the sound of the rain was therapeutic.


I'm sure we'll have plenty of hot summer days ahead. In the meantime, we'll enjoy the fresh rain smell and the wet, sweaty kid smell (or at least tolerate it).

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love the rain! I think it has been fun because it has been nice during the days and has always started raining when all of the kids are down for their afternoon nap. Perfect!

Laura said...

I have loved our unJune-like weather this year! Cool days and cool nights. Everything is green! I love it.