Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thanks for noticing

Yesterday the neighborhood gang came to see if Warren could play. Olivia took Brig to the door to show him off to the friends. One friend (bless his little heart) looked from the baby to my stomach a few times (clearly confused) then asked, "Are you having another baby?"

I thought that perhaps my ample (milk-filled) chest would make my tummy at least appear smaller, but I was obviously mistaken.

On the bright side, this has spared me any heartache that might have occurred if I had begun browsing my closet in search for the next smaller size a bit prematurely. It is obviously not the time for that--so thank you, dear sweet neighbor boy. Thank you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch!

children are soooo...... :) lol

you are beautiful! you'll be back to fit in no time.

Maleen said...

LOL!!!

Tyler said that the day after I had June.

"Honey, you still look pregnant."

The glare I gave him after that has squelched any other dumb comments he may have made in subsequent pregnancies.

Ali the B. said...

you gotta love comments made "out of the mouths of babes!!"

denise @ little ant design said...

I love getting comments like this after having a baby and while your hormones are all out of whack. I had a neighbor lady say something similar a few days after Nate was born - an adult woman should know better.

Carrie said...

Ahh kids--they are so literally brutally honest. Gotta love em!

Laura said...

Someone said that to me too...only it was 6 months after I had my baby! Now that was a slap in the face.

Adrianne Miller said...

I feel your pain. I am having the same problem. I'm too big for my regular clothes but my maternity clothes... make me still look pregnant.

Becky said...

I feel ya. I'm just transitioning into real person clothes rather than maternity,, but I am not myself yet. Give it time.

Jodi said...

Ha! Callie asked me the question after the twins were born! I about died. You'll be back in your small clothes before you know it :)

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Oh what does he know. I'm sure you look great.

Unknown said...

I thought you looked great even in your pj's.