Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No Room in the Inn

It's a busy baby day. We called the hospital early this morning and they said I was 5th on the list. They said they would call in a couple of hours to tell us when to come in. That was 10 hours ago.

**Update (3:45pm) I just got a call from the doctor. He said if I go into labor on my own to come on in. Otherwise, they are still too full to induce me today.

****New Update. (12:19am) We have a new baby boy, Brigham. He was born at 7:21pm. He weighs 8lbs 9oz and is 21in long. He is healthy and super cute. Deanne did a wonderful job and is the toughest woman I know. She is a little tired but doing great.

So you are probably wondering what happened after we were told that there was no room in the inn. Well we were a little discouraged after the news. But with a little coaxing from Deanne's parents we decided that it would be a good idea to go to the Hospital to have Deanne checked. She had been having strong contractions for about 13 hrs today we decided that it would be good to check and see how things were looking.

On arriving at the hospital at 5:30pm the nurse checked Deanne and she was at a 7. She was admitted and the Dr. called. He came broke her water and gave her a little pitosin. With Deanne's history of quick happenings after her water is broken she decided to go with her original plan and have the baby without an epidural. The baby was born at 7:21pm.

We are so thankful and blessed that all went well and that Deanne and baby Brigham are safe and healthy.

8 comments:

Maleen said...

Are you kidding??? I think baby boy must have booked the extended stay.

Cindy B said...

That stinks! They did that to me with Will too!

Anonymous said...

What? do you live in Utah or something?

soooo sorry! it will happen!

denise @ little ant design said...

Oh, I am so sorry. The joys of living in Utah - Megan was our only baby delivered in Utah and I remember sitting in a wheelchair waiting to give birth while they cleaned up the room from the previous patient - it was like waiting in line for a concert or something - CRAZY!

Rynell said...

I've had similar experiences with three of mine. Seriously, it's crazy birthing around here!

Adrianne Miller said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Brigham is the cutest name! I love it. I can't believe you did that without an epidural. You are amazing!

denise @ little ant design said...

Congratulations!

Cindy B said...

Hooray for the update! I'm so glad the baby is safely here and Deanne is doing well.