Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ward Campout

The Ward Campout is an event the kids look forward to every year (we enjoy it, too). This year we decided not to sleep over--much to the kids' dismay--but we still had a great time. In fact, I think the only thing we missed out on was the sleepless, uncomfortable night. We headed up Friday night for dinner, playing with friends, a program and s'mores. And what would the campout be without sno-cones? The Johnson's are so kind to offer their services. It makes the experience complete!
Waiting for sno-cones


Playing in the water


Tiki-Punch drunk


Liv and Lily


I'm not sure what I said, but it was really funny...


S'mores...serious business.


All day Friday David asked everyone he saw if they were going to the Ward Campout. He would come inside and tell me who in the neighborhood was coming. Then, when we were sitting around the campfire Friday night about ready to go home he said, "Hey Mom, is this the Ward Campout?"
We headed home and it immediately started to rain (downpour). I was grateful we had made the decision to go home.
We enjoyed a sound sleep in our own beds. David came in to our bed in the middle of the night, and I woke up this morning to the sound of him laughing. I looked over and he was still asleep. His own laughter woke him up and I asked him if he had a funny dream. He said, "Yes. The cat was riding a scooter and Livvy and Lily were laughing." It painted a funny picture in my head, and I laughed, too.
We woke the other kids up and headed back up to the campsite. We had a yummy breakfast, then did lots more playing and visiting with friends (Liv was off playing with the older kids. She did come back later to join in the football/frisbee festivities.)

10 comments:

katie said...

your kids are all cute!!

Carrie said...

I agree it was the right choice to go home and sleep. Sleep is valuable!! That was fun looking at the pictures seeing Lilly, the Fairbornes and the Johnsons.

Cindy B said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Good job remembering the camera to catch the fun! Ours only showed up this morning!

Maleen said...

That picture of Brig and David is the best!

I too am impressed that you documented so well. I finally remembered to take my camera out in the morning.

And I still wish I had slept at home...

Ali the B. said...

YOU AMAZE ME! 9 months pregnant & STILL camping, what a fun ward outing, sure wish our ward did this! hmmm I may have to ward hop next summer!! :)

Melanie said...

Okay, this post just reminds me how much I MISS Utah, I MISS our old ward, and I MISS you guys!!

Jodi said...

Amazing marshmallow roasting. A couple people had about five marshmallows on those sticks!! Wow.

Also my type of camping. Stay for the fun parts and join the party in the morning after a good night sleep in your own bed.

Natalie said...

Where do you have the ward campout? It looks beautiful and fun and I'm always looking for ideas.

I can't believe it - 1 more week until baby!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Great pictures. The ward campout was so fun and relaxing.