Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Isn't it about...time?

My kids have a warped sense of time. When it is time to leave an event I give them a "time" warning (usually 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes, although I'm not sure what's magical about those time increments). After my head's up that it's about time to leave I get carried away chatting (shocking, I know) and it ends up being much longer than the warning. This warped sense of time was illustrated beautifully Sunday night. We went to my parents' house and I gave the usual "2 minute warning". A couple of minutes later my sister came out to the porch laughing. She had seen my boys inside and said, "I think your parents are ready to leave."

Their response?

"I know. She said we're leaving in 2 minutes so we're going to watch a movie."


Speaking of time...I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. I feel a renewed sense of confidence in my doctor. After checking my progress (there wasn't any...still at a 1, still 75% effaced) he sat down with us and discussed options. He asked how I was feeling, gave his opinion, and then we made a plan together. The plan is to wait it out this week and see if this little guy will make his appearance on his own. If not, I will see the doctor again on Monday and set a date for induction. I am having my own warped sense of time. These past few weeks have felt like their own trimester...the waiting, the wondering, the anticipation. But now I know that within 6 days I will either have a baby in my arms or I will know for sure when it will happen. I can do anything for 6 days, right?

7 comments:

Becky said...

I hate the last week! The waiting is very frustrating, especially when you don't know when your baby will come. I felt relieved when I finally set my induction date because I felt like I had an end in site and I could plan.
The waiting will soon be over.

Cindy B said...

I'm so glad you have a plan!

My sister is the opposite with her warnings. 2 minutes lasts about 30 seconds, and then it's time to go!

Maleen said...

Is it bad if I am secretly hoping you can make book group on Thursday?
You always make a party better.

Kelly said...

Good luck Dean! I hope this week flies by for you! I'll be thinking a lot about you...love you!

denise @ little ant design said...

I feel for you - there is nothing worse then the last few weeks of pregnancy that drag out forever. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Unknown said...

Happy day coming! I love that your kids are a bit like mine when it comes to the time thing.

Jodi said...

Hilarious about the watching the movie with 2 minutes!

I really hope your little boy is going to make his debut soon! He has too right?