Thursday, September 6, 2007

Warren's turn

Warren has been talking about starting preschool since before the kids went back to school, and Tuesday was finally the day!!! I had a little shopping spree with him a few weeks ago since he was feeling left out of the back to school shopping. We had to buy a backpack, new undies, a pencil box, and a new school outfit. As we were walking around WalMart, he spotted this treasure of an outfit...it came with the shorts, the shoes, the orange soccer shirt, AND another white t-shirt all for $7. His eyes lit up, and he had the hugest smile on his face when he pulled it off the rack that I just couldn't say no. He has basically lived in it since we bought it (I do try to wash it occasionally). The cool thing about this outfit, Warren informed me, is that it is clothes AND pajamas! This little outfit can be school clothes, play clothes and pajamas, and it brings him more joy than one could imagine. Who knew that $7 could buy so much happiness! There was absolutely no question in his mind that he would wear this outfit to the first day of preschool. Here he is all ready to go:


He was in charge of the alphabet box for the first day. He was so excited to fill the box with all the "D" things we could find in our house. He ended up putting a duck, a dog, a dime, a dollar, Diego undies, a diaper, a dinosaur, a diamond, and a picture he drew of Dad, David, and Dan-o (his friend).

I love that the fake smile starts so early!


Watching for cars (what a good boy)

With his buddy, Joe


I received a phone call from Kellie about half way through preschool. She said that Warren was complaining of a headache. She felt his head and said he felt hot. While I was still on the phone with her she said, "Uh-oh Warren, are you going to throw up?" Warren nodded 'yes', our phone call ended, Kellie rubbed his back while he puked in her garbage can (what a sweet friend), and I headed down to her house with my stroller to pick him up. I felt so bad! He had no signs of being sick before he left, so it hit him pretty quickly. He spent the last half of preschool at home, on the couch with his favorite blankies. Luckily the flu bug (or whatever it was) passed really quickly for him. He took it easy all that day, napping on and off, had one more fever/vomit episode, and he felt fine the next morning. So far the only other person the bug has hit is me. Hopefully it will stop there. I've decided I'm not such a fan of being sick, but I do feel fortunate that we made it this long without getting sick. It seems like this particular bug has made it through our neighborhood a few times, so I will count my blessings that this is our first experience with it! Anyway, after all was said and done, the first day of preschool was still a thumbs up experience, and he was so excited to go today! Now if I could just figure out what to do with two hours all to myself while David takes a nap...

10 comments:

Wright Family said...

How exciting for you! Warren looked so handsome and happy. I love it when you can get something your kids love so much and it wasn't that expensive on your part.

Ker said...

Such a handsome "Wawwen".. He will always be little "Wawwen" too me. I need to figure out how to move my photos like yours! TEACH ME! Jodi left the neighborhood you know--the master blogger.....
oh and ps-I have plans for the next girls day or night out in my head--so remind me, its gonna be FUN!

Jodi said...

Happy first day of preschool Warren! I love the new "school" clothes - very nice!

megan said...

what a cutie. isn't it great when your kids find something that makes them as happy as christmas morning? i love that!!!! sorry about the puke glad no one else got it.

Tiffany said...

Poor little guy. . .on his first day and everything. But boy is he handsome! Maybe he and Annie can hook up at BYU (post mission of course) in about, oh, 19 years? Huh? What do you think?

shawna said...

So you do you have like a neighborhood pre-school and a friend's house. Sounds like Warren had a full day. I hope you feel better soon, if you aren't feeling better already Deanne.

Jenny Dahl said...

Dang, what a find for $7. PJ's and school clothes, you seriously hit the jackpot. Girls would never let you off that easily.

Jodi said...

I love Warren's outfit. It is super groovy! I am so glad that he is excited about preschool!

jennie said...

I love love love the muscle tee!

Renee said...

What a cutie! He did a great job picking out his outfit. So adorable.