Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Spinning


I can describe my first experience with spinning in 4 words...It kicked my trash. I have been hearing so much about spinning, and I've been looking for different exercises, so today I gave it a try. Holy cow! My muscles didn't see that coming! Brother Hawkes is the first person that told me about spinning since we both have the same ailment, and it has been beneficial for him. When I told him Sunday that I would be coming today, he saved me a bike, helped me adjust it, gave me some pointers, and even brought me a water bottle! It made my day! Kari and Julie also accompanied me, but they were on the other side of the room (it was packed). I think I've discovered muscles that didn't exist before, and I'm fairly confident I pushed it as hard as I could. It hurt so good!!! As I was hobbling down the stairs, clutching on to the railing so my jello legs wouldn't give out, my good friend Julie says to me, "Ya, I think I'm going running later." Serves her right for being in shape. (I'm not bitter.) I am so happy that I have found TWO things that I love, and that I am able to do without my joints hurting. (I have also been going to water aerobics) Yay!!! I am so grateful to have a physical body, even if it doesn't always work the way I want it to. I love exerting myself, and feeling proud when I choose to make good decisions about my health. I am visualizing how my body will look and how I will feel as I continue these exercises, and it's a good thing, because I'm pretty sure that's going to be the only thing that will get my sore body out of bed tomorrow morning!

10 comments:

Maleen said...

More power to ya! That is awesome. Kari told me I should come, but the 5:30 am thing is the only thing holding me back. Now I have to decide which I like more--being in shape, or sleeping. I'm still thinking.

Kelly said...

Dean...I LOVE spinning! It doesn't really ever get any easier, but you'll be able to push yourself harder and harder and notice a huge difference in your condition. Enjoy!

Tiffany said...

Way to go Dean. My first experience with spinning was my last. . .unlike Kelly! But I wish you the best :)

buhlersdayoff said...

yay I am so glad that you are catching the spinning virus!! We usually do the night class on Tues. or Thursday if the morning one doesn't work!! (ok so I haven't gone since they opened back up after their 2 week shut down but I am trying!!! Congratulations!!!
ps I think Bro Hawks rocks!!!

Ker said...

I'll be ready to join you next week Dean-I talked to the Doc on Tuesday! yeah!

Jenny Dahl said...

Good for you! Spinning kicks the junk in my trunk too!!

Wright Family said...

Thanks for letting me come along with you. It's always easier when I know there is someone counting on me to get out of bed in the morning.

Jodi said...

Go Dean! I really wish I lived a little closer and I'd be right there with you! Keep it up!

Doug and Becca said...

Way to go Deanne! Spinning is the hardest exercise but gives you the best results. I remember the first time I did a spin class, the first 25 min my legs were burning so bad I was never coming back. But, by the end,I felt so great and sweat so much i was hooked. Amazing to get up so early too. I did that in my early years but no more!

Jodi said...

You know I love the spinning. Good for you! I'm glad that it doesn't hurt your joints.