Friday, September 14, 2007

Deadline

I know you've all been on pins and needles wondering if I have accomplished my goal. I am pleased to report that I have completed my task! Here are the pictures of the new and improved packages:

Package #1: MTC bound


Package #2: Montana bound

Package #3: Japan bound
And of course, I couldn't have done it without him...

I asked this guy if he was a good sport, and he said, "yes". I think he wished he knew why I wanted to know before he answered. I told him I wanted to take a picture of him. He replied, "That's a little bit weird, but o.k." When I explained that it was for my blog he said, "Sweet. I'll be on the internet as the curly-haired postal boy!"
I felt so good to have my goal accomplished that I thought that it would be a good idea to declare every Friday "Take Action Friday" or "Get 'er dun" Friday. Then I remembered my title as the Queen of Good Intentions. If I carelessly jump into declaring Friday as the day to get things done, undoubtedly there will be a blog post in September of 2008 that is titled "Good Intentions", and it will begin something like this...About a year ago I decided that Friday would be the day to get things done...(you get the picture). For now, I will just be proud that I followed through, and hope that it inspires me to "Do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, with a cheerful heart." (One of my favorite quotes from Marjorie Pay Hinckley)

12 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Way to go, I'm impressed. Not that I doubted you would make your self imposed deadline, but it is so easy to procrastinate the little things. And sadly, it is usually the little things that make a big difference to others. Anyone would be happy to get a package like that, except for maybe the tuna! J/K. Good job!

Maleen said...

You are awesome. I knew you could do it. Those are some cool packages, although I have to wonder about the tuna too? Is that a favorite? I am certainly inspired to get things done. Now if only I could remember what I need to do...

Tiffany said...

Dean. . so proud, so proud. There's a girl I know in Oregon who loves getting packages. . .:)

Deanne said...

I know...tuna in a mylar bag. Not everyone's favorite, but when I asked what he liked, that made the short list so I had to honor it!

Kelly said...

Awesome Dean...very inspiring! I need to get going on my list...

denise @ little ant design said...

Hip hip horray. The fact that you followed through is inspiring so I'm going to try and get something done of my long list of procrastinations by Friday.

I am sure the packages will be a welcomed treat. Better late then never, right?

Ker said...

Hey Dean, I know a gal you VT that likes packages too- not TUNA but I um love your chocolate chip cookies and your carmels. HINT HINT...... No really, congrats on a job of great intentions DONE. Signed sealed and delivered. WOOHOO

Jodi said...

Hey...I put that very quote on my blog this morning! It's one of my favorites too! So proud of you for sending the packages. I'm sure the missionaries will appreciate it and then they will call you "favorite Aunt Dean". Great - now I'll have to send something! JK-I know they will love them!

megan said...

AWEsome dean. I want to try this thing that you are doing. definately post your future tasks. i think that it is something that could inspire others to do some good around the world. Way to go.

Kellie said...

Wahoo!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you and I know it was a task but you did it!!!!! Way to inspire us all into just doing it!

Doug and Becca said...

I just read that passage last night in Marjorie's book! What a wonderful lady she was. Way to go on making the packages!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! what a great feeling for follow through@!!!!

you should send yourself a package now :)

and if you are VTing and are taking some choco chip cookies, can you come to my house?