Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tag, You're it!

Last night we were trying to get the kids to bed, and it was a slow process, as we were all tired from a long day. David had fallen asleep in the car, so he was taken care of. Olivia and Sean finally headed up to start the bedtime routine, but Warren needed a little extra convincing. Darin decided to start a game of tag to make it a little more exciting. He touched Warren on the shoulder and said, "Tag, You're it!" and proceeded to run toward the stairs. Warren giggled and followed him, but about the time he got to the bottom of the stairs I heard him crying, "Ow, my foot! It hurts really bad." At this point Darin was almost to the top of the stairs, and he turned around to check on him. I heard Darin say, "What happened, bud?" Warren continued hobbling up the stairs, grabbing his ankle, continuing in his misery. Right as he reached Darin, he moved his hand from his ailing foot, touched Darin on the leg and I heard, "TAG, you're it!!!", followed by squeals of laughter from my supposedly injured son. He was pretty proud of himself as he ran the rest of the way upstairs, and I have to admit, he gave quite the performance! I would never have guessed he was faking! We all had a good laugh, but now I'm getting a little nervous. How many times has he pulled this on me without me knowing? And more importantly, how many more times will he attempt to use it on me? Do we have a future of heating pad fevers? Fake coughs? Warren shaped pillows saving his spot in bed? He probably falls asleep at night shaking his head saying to himself, "It's just too easy!" Oh well, for now we will just laugh, and hope that he uses his talent in a productive manner (like winning a game of tag).

11 comments:

Jodi said...

That is awesome! Go trickster Warren! You'll just have to be careful of sick phone calls from school!

Kelly said...

I love it! Definitely not ready for the big boy "games" yet! Hopefully it will be a few years before Tyce learns these tricks!

buhlersdayoff said...

that was hilarious! What a great personality and imagination!! Good luck with those future years!!!

megan said...

that cracks me up kids are so clever.

Jenny Dahl said...

Great story. These kids are just to darn smart. Now that I know the family they come from I'm sure you have a future of more good natured pranks ahead of you. Trick is just to stay one step ahead!(ha ha). Much harder done than said. At least you'll always have good stories to share!

Ker said...

So sounds like Mr Warren! Gotta love those boys huh!

Wright Family said...

Seth is getting to the point where he will say, "I love you, mom to the moon and back." He says everytime he gets in trouble. Boys are so smart that way. I'm worried for when Seth can fake sick or hurt. He seriously getting pretty close to being able to fake it I bet.

Tiffany said...

Love it Dean. Thanks for sharing your fun moments. Those are the little things that make it all worth it, huh?

Renee said...

That is great. I think I have gotten a few myself with Julian. He learns from his dad. We are in for it!

Renee said...

That is great. I think I have gotten a few myself with Julian. He learns from his dad. We are in for it!

Kellie said...

ferris buehler in the making! That is great!