Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HAPPY FETE DAY!!!

How I love "first annuals"! This was our first time celebrating Fete Day! (For those of you who don't know what it is, look back a few posts to find the details.) My sister, Jodi, offered to host, and I was so glad! Not only was I able to attend the party stress-free, I was also able to meet some of her awesome neighbors. We had an absolute blast! She chose blue for the color this year. She had two ice cream cakes made--one was white cake with strawberry ice cream, and the other was chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream (with blue icing, of course!). Both were delicious. The activity she put together was a Photo Scavenger Hunt. We all separated into groups, and had to take pictures of our groups with our interpretation of the following:

1) Got Milk?
2) Bad Hair Day
3) On the edge
4) Hot dog
5) Play ball!
6) How'd you get back there?
7) Help!
8) Sound of music
9) That's entertainment!
10) Blue!

Here are some pictures of my group:

"How'd you get back there?" (Behind the cigarette counter of the grocery store--we got permission)
"HELP!" (In the cage of a McDonald's playland)

Play Ball! (This is my neice, Lexi. Nice dunk!)


While we waited for all the groups to return we partook of the lovely ice cream cakes.

After everyone was back, Darin copied the pictures to his laptop, and we had a slide show. Then it was time for presents! Jodi had everyone bring a blue gift for $3 or under, and we exchanged them white elephant style. We ended up with blue goggles, a blue yo-yo, a blue ball, a blue cleaning bucket with blue cleaner, a blue glow stick with a 6 pack of blue kool-aid, and a blue recorder (flute), which we "accidentally" left at Jodi's house. (Maybe she'll let us borrow it when we visit!) We were thrilled!
Here is a photo of the impressive blue table. (She even had blue tootsie rolls and little blue buckets filled with M&Ms.)

At this point it was dark, but we couldn't very well let people go home without getting a group photo. I pulled my car into the driveway to provide the lighting, Jeff set up his tripod, and we all said, "Cheese" (Blue cheese, that is!!)

This was the perfect way to round out our summer! Thanks to Jodi for her amazing party. Everyone who came had a great time, and I have a hunch they will all adopt Fete Day in their families!
Thanks, Maleen, for inventing such a fun way to celebrate!

8 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

My heavens, it looks like another family reunion!

buhlersdayoff said...

How fun!! I told my mom about it and we decided that we are definately going to have to try it out next year!!

Jodi said...

Good times! My kids are already planning on "orange" Fete Day next year!

jennie said...

AH! I LOVE THE TABLE PICTURE!!!!

Wright Family said...

Sounds like your was success too. Wow what a group you had. I'm glad you had so much fun.

shawna said...

Love it! Thanks for putting in your scavenger hunt list. I am not creative enough to come up with something like that. . . but now I can mooch off your creativity. Wish we were closer and we could join in with you there!

Ker said...

Hey way cool girl! We are doing
Green" next year! Cant wait! Already on the calendar.

Maleen said...

I totally love the picture scavenger hunt. I am stealing that for my Fete Day some year. I'm glad you had fun.