Monday, August 27, 2007

Church notebook

Yesterday at church I was looking through a little notebook that we keep in the church bag trying to find a blank page for Warren to write on. I finally found a clean page for him, but before I did I came across a couple of gems that made me giggle. I have no idea how old Olivia was when she wrote these particular entries, but here they are (I kept all the spelling and punctuation the way it is written in the notebook):

#1:
Dear journal,
my uhm...my brothers are not sick but my mom says they are so they can't come to church

(for the record, I've never read her journal. As stated above, this is a family notebook, not her journal.)

#2:
She was by the door she shut it on her Big toe on her Left Foot and she dosn't know if she can do cheerleading Practice for a week her name is Kersala

So there you have it. This is what she thinks about during church. Good to know.

6 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Good thing I don't have a journal like that one. I don't think I'd want people to know my thoughts during church. Usually has something to do with failing attempts to keep my three kids remotely quiet. Maybe I'll try the first, leave the (un)sick kids at home with Matt and attend myself.

buhlersdayoff said...

So the truth comes out!! Now we know why you don't come to church because you are "sick"!! J/k that is so cute!

Wright Family said...

Wow, the inter-workings of Oliva's thinking. What insight she has. Too bad it wasn't always that easy to know why are kids think they way the do.

Renee said...

So funny to know what your kids are thinking and to know what comics they are.

jennie said...

Love it. She definitely has her priorities in order!

Jodi said...

One word- hilarious!