Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All In The Family

For those who don't know the people in the following story, I will give a brief description of each:

Darin: My husband
MaryEllen: His mom (my mother-in-law)
Robyn:
a) Darin's childhood next door neighbor (Darin's mom always had "high hopes" for Darin and Robyn, but Brian beat him to it, so I guess I have to do (sigh). We have all joked about it, and for the record, MaryEllen loves me to pieces)
b) Owns the salon where MaryEllen gets her hair done
Camille:
a) Married to my brother
b) Robyn's current neighbor
c) Works at Robyn's salon

Are you with me?

Last week I drove MaryEllen to get her hair done. Darin had left some papers at home that he needed to sign so we made arrangements for me to bring the papers and meet at the salon since it's closer to his place of work than home. After the papers were signed I had to leave to get Warren to school and Darin stayed and chatted with his mom and Robyn for a little while. When Robyn took MaryEllen back to get her hair done Darin lingered and chatted with Camille (his sister-in-law) for a little while at the front desk. MaryEllen looked at Robyn with raised eyebrows and asked who that "chick" was that Darin was talking to. Apparently she was unaware of the family relationship. (Camille started working at the salon after her MaryEllen's last appointment so she had never seen her there before.) I guess what goes around comes around (see previous post).

7 comments:

Beth said...

so funny.

Maleen said...

Even if she originally voted for Robyn, it looks like she is totally looking out for you now :)

Marie said...

Grandma's (MaryEllen) eye sight is not very good anymore so even if she did know Camille, she wouldn't know she knew her. She didn't recognize Sarah (her granddaughter) one time. She said to me "Who is your friend?" I said, "That's Sarah, your granddaughter." She's so funny.

Jodi said...

HA ha ha ha!! :D

Anonymous said...

LMBO

Rynell said...

That is quite the story!

I had a nice chuckle over it. ;)

Sarah said...

Grandma's bad eyesight and blunt ways...two of my favorite things.