Tuesday, March 10, 2009

5,6,7,8

Liv and I spent the weekend at the Thanksgiving Point barn at a clogging competition. Friday night we were there cheering on my niece, Rylee, who clogged on a sprained ankle. (She did great, by the way! If you want to check her team out, you can do it here.) Saturday was Liv's turn. She competed in Freestyle, 4 solos, and a team dance. I may be guilty of living vicariously through my child since I had to quit clogging a few years ago due to a bad knee, but she kind of (o.k. REALLY) likes it, too!
Here is her team dance. Pardon the low quality video. I opted to leave the video camera at home and just bring the small digital camera. You get the general idea! The first thing she said when she came and sat down was, "I messed up on my double doubles" so forgive her for that. (She starts the dance in the back and runs up to the front--right side of the screen in case you have a hard time finding her)
I think they look awesome! We had a fun weekend with lots of catchy beats stuck in our heads, girls' dinners, and lots of laughing.

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Great job Liv!! Watching that gives me such an itch to clog!

Maleen said...

She did great, and I can't believe she did FOUR solos. That takes a lot of courage to dance by yourself. Very cool!

Jodi said...

She did a great job! They realy should have taken 1st place!! BTW...who is that obnoxious lady sitting next to you screaming through the whole thing?? :D
Thanks for making it such a fun weekend for us!

Beth said...

They were awesome! Liv's best competition to date!

Kayla said...

She did such a good job and she looked great! And 4 solos?!? That's amazing! What a talented little girl you have! :D

Ker said...

WOW! LIV! you did great! I loved it! Congrats!

Carrie said...

Soooo fun! I loved watching her! Thanks for sharing!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

How fun. She did so great. It made me smile watching her.

Cindy B said...

Way to go! And I wouldn't know a double double if it clogging rings around my toes, so I thought she did great. I was very impressed.

Natalie said...

She is a great dancer just like her mom! I didn't notice any mess ups but I don't know clogging very well - it looks like a lot of hard work. Super cute!

Jodi said...

If she messed up I couldn't tell! That was the most amazing video. They don't have clogging very much where I grew up so I was totally into that video! Way to go Olivia!