Friday, June 20, 2008

My apologies

A) to the gentleman in the gray shirt in front of us at the rodeo who seemed to have some sort of magnet that attracted David's feet

B) to my middle boys for whatever I did to make you choose a late night with friends over a rip roarin' evening at the rodeo with family.

C) to myself for forgetting my camera

D) to all the cowboys who had kind of a rough night (lots of "no times")


On the bright side:

*Crossing the busy street with only two kids was a piece of cake

*STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM

*Kids got in free last night

*Amazing motorcross entertainment! (I loved every second of it, but the mom in me couldn't help but cover my mouth in horror as they did their stunts)

*David and Olivia felt pretty special to have a date night with parents, and Warren and Sean felt pretty special to have a late night with friends...everybody wins!

8 comments:

Maleen said...

I am very impressed. It seems you are taking summer by the horns and showing it who is boss. Way to plan all these fun activities (even if your boys don't choose to attend). Keep it up!

Jodi said...

Sounds like we missed a fun night @ the rodeo! Especially the strawberries & cream part...YUM! We'll have to hit it next year I guess!

Chelle! said...

Strawberries and cream...Oh, deliciousness!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Melanie said...

How fun! The one year we went to the rodeo there, we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves and the strawberries and cream and were thinking to ourselves, "We should come every year!" Right after that, one of the cowboys got trampled on by the bull and rushed off the field in an ambulance and the kids were scared to death....we were all thinking he was killed! He turned out okay, thank goodness! I think I was scared off of the rodeo scene for a little while.

Stacy said...

So you guys were the ones holding up all the traffic as I was trying to get home from the gym last night...
We live right by that part of State Street and rodeo nights are no picnic as cars and people swamp that tiny area where the road merges into practically nothing and squeezes under a bridge.
Plus, I'm boycotting Strawberry Days as I do not believe it promotes equal opportunity for all fruits :)

Doug and Becca said...

Wasn't the rodeo so much fun. I love going to strawberry days as well. NOthing like a yummy cup of strawberies and cream. The motor cross was amazing too! I couldn't believe the stunts they were doing

Rynell said...

Perhaps you saw the large video screen of the sponsors' logos. Yep--my hubby did that.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the middle boy apology LOLOLOL