Monday, June 9, 2008

Great Time for a Great Cause promotion

Timpview High School is doing a fundraiser to get new instruments for the band. My brother has been working so hard to secure some pretty amazing talent to come and do concerts at the high school. I went on Saturday night where Hillary Weeks opened for Jim Brickman. It was an INCREDIBLE concert, and I kept wondering how the auditorium wasn't full! I decided I would take the advertising to my corner of cyberspace and try to spread the word. Here is what's coming up:

Here's what I'm doing to support the cause. I have already purchased tickets for the whole series for Darin and I, and it was so fun to have a date night (and know that we have other date nights set in stone), so I decided I would offer the same to my blog readers! I purchased another set of two tickets for the rest of the series--that's three concerts!!, and I will be doing a drawing on Thursday for the winner! Here's how to enter. (sounds so official, right?) Simply comment on this blog post, and I will put your name into a bowl and draw out a winner. If you would like to double your chances of winning, you can put this link on your blog: http://www.timpviewband.com/ and spread the word to YOUR readers (they are welcome to comment to enter, too!) Just let me know if you put the link on your blog, and I'll enter your name twice. I know how much work has gone into this great fundraiser, and I would love to do my part to fulfill the dream of a full auditorium. The thing that's great about it is that whether or not you have a reason to support the cause it's still a great opportunity to see some great entertainment so close to home! There will be meet and greets with the artists as well as merchandise available at each concert.


So don't be shy! Comment away. All you out of towners are still welcome to comment as long as you have someone who lives nearby you could donate the tickets to. The tickets will be waiting for the winner at will call with a bag of homemade caramels. Thanks everyone!!!

15 comments:

Jodi said...

Are family members eligible? Kidding - I already have tickets! Way to go on supporting the cause! You are a good sister/Aunt!

Stacy said...

Although I am a Mt. View Bruin to the end and Timp was one of our biggest rivals, who am I to turn down a chance for a free concert??
And I even put the link on my blog :)
Good luck with getting the word out.

Melanie said...

What a great thing you're doing! I wouldn't be able to attend, but I do have several Utah friends I could surprise with the tickets!

Cindy B said...

That sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of most of these bands, but the Rubber Band sounds interesting. Thanks for the offer!

Beth said...

Me! Me! Pick Me!!!!!

Kellie said...

Yeah see you truly are amazing! I am going to have to try and get tickets... I saw all the signs in Provo the other day and thought wow I wonder what all that is about... It must run in your family to be able to plan such big events :D did you have FHE on how? :D

Chelle! said...

OK,I have tasted your carmels and they are to die for!! OH!! SO!! DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing these upcoming concerts with us-blog readers!!

Ker said...

I love several of these groups! I better win! Please!

denise @ little ant design said...

It awesome that you are doing this. I wish I lived closer - I'd love to go! I have lots of family up there that could use the tickets though so count me in.

Since I have some blog readers as well in Utah I will post a link on my blog to help spread the word.

Marie said...

I'm in.
I'm putting the link on my blog right now.

Maleen said...

Very cool! I like to see support for a good cause and since Tyler and I are band nerds, we could get behind a cause like this.
Oh, and I also support date nights, because they are a good cause too!

Harward Happenings said...

This looks like fun. Brandon wants to see Ryan Shupe. And I want my name added to the drawing just for the carmels!!!

Jenny Dahl said...

What a gal. As though the tickets aren't enough but you added a bag of caramels to sweeten the deal! Seriously, the caramels alone would be enough to fill the auditorium. Wish we were closer to enjoy evenings of entertainment with you. Maybe next year!!

Emilie said...

Who can turn down a free concert and don't forget the carmels too! Here is a little bit of Emilie trivia...I was in the band in high school, so I hope the fundraiser goes well!

Carlye said...

I don't know if I would come all the way down for the concert, but then you threw in the caramels. How can I resist an opportunity to enjoy the taste of those delicious caramels. YUMMMMMY! So through my name in PLEASE!!!!!