Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Holy War











We spent Saturday at my parents' house watching the best game of the season. We always root for the Cougs, but this year I was hoping extra hard that they would pull off a win. Darin's neice, Christa and her friend, Jared are avid Utes fans, and were kind enough to create a song in honor of the BYU/Utah game. The last few minutes of the game my palms were sweaty, and my heart was racing, but the Cougars DID NOT disappoint!!! After the game, Jared called to "take his lumps". As if we're going to let them take them over the phone. We are in the process of creating a "Sorry your Utes let you down (again) package", and we're taking suggestions! So far the package will include a box of kleenex, "Cougar Bucks" (that we will make up) that can be used at the creamery to fill their emptiness with some ice cream, possibly a purple shirt that will make their transition to blue a little easier, and it will be signed, "We're so sorry for your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Your friends in Cougartown".
Yes, I realize that in the event the Utes win next year, we're asking for it, but there's nothing like some healthy competition, and we can definitely take it just as well as we dish it out. GO COUGARS!!! (I'm working on getting a copy of the song so you can all hear it!)

7 comments:

Maleen said...

Those suggestions are hilarious. I particularly like the purple shirt idea. I don't really get into the games, but I should watch the BYU vs. U game. Gentry came over to home teach and he was a little down, but he seemed to take it well too. Let's hope you don't have to be the good sports for a few more years.

Anonymous said...

LOVE how you titled this one :)

glad I had a moment to catch up

Jenny Dahl said...

What a game! Always good to be a Cougar!

megan said...

GO COUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game.

Jodi said...

I seriously want to hear that song! I too was extremely nervous for our Cougs. Two nail biters in a row, but we have pulled both off. Whew!

Jodi said...

The Holy War is one of the games I can't miss! I love the suspense and the "healthy" competition of the whole thing - and I really LOVE it when we beat the U!

Chelle! said...

I can never miss this game. For us, we only had COUGAR fans at our party--no room for the UTE fans. I loved your suggestions!!! I just read some of your blogs!!! You are amazing!!! Maleen was definitely correct--you are awesome!!!