Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Halloween

I hope everyone's Halloween was as fun-filled as ours was!!! I slept very well the night of Halloween. It was such a busy day--full of adventure. Here are our costumes this year:

Darin as "Super Darin" MY HERO! (we didn't have a costume, so we improvised. This shot doesn't show the boy's red cape. It really added to the costume.) And me as a hippy chick. This shot also doesn't show my sweet bell bottoms. I cut a slit in some old jeans and sewed some floral material in them. It was fun to be a blonde for the day!


Here's Olivia, also a hippy chick. Thanks for the costume, Mikayla!
Sean showing some of his stellar Ninja moves... don't mess! Even though we bought Warren a Red Power Ranger costume with muscles, he chose to wear the Spiderman costume with no mask the day of Halloween. He had just woken up right before the Trunk or Treat festivities, so he was still a little groggy. I got him to smile by saying, "Stop smiling! You're going to ruin Halloween!" and he would giggle every time. And here's my cute little bear. I realize this shot doesn't show his face, but it does show his cute little waddle. I think that may have been my favorite part!
Our neighborhood did Trunk or Treat this year. In years past I haven't even tried to decorate my trunk (mostly because it's been full of junk), so this year I decided to give it a shot.

After trunk or treat, we headed to a nearby neighborhood with the Scoresbys and Adams'. This neighborhood was decorated to the max! I can't believe some of the decorations we saw. This house took the cake:

David just stood there and stared for several minutes saying, "Whoa. See?" This is what he looked like staring at the house:
It was such a great day! Happy Halloween, everyone!

7 comments:

Maleen said...

You are pretty hot as a blond. And David is the cutest lit'l bear I ever done seen. I need to find these spooky neighborhoods next year--how fun!

Kelly said...

You all look great! I especially love the hippy chicks! You guys really went all out! I've got to think about dressing up next year. It has been a LONG time...but it looks like so much fun!

megan said...

You all look fabulous! What a fun husband to dress up. Happy to see the adults dressing up I was a bee this year and Todd was a todd. Anyways what a fun night.

Ker said...

What a FUN FUN night huh! We are so glad to be able to spend it with you and your fam. I have some cute photos of little bear so you can see his face if you want me to send them to you!

Jodi said...

That is the cutest little bear ever! Great costume on Super Darin. But I'm thinking you could have gone with the same initials on your chest and been "Super Dean"
If you start now, you could have some rockin' costumes for next year!

Anonymous said...

You look great Deanne as a blonde, you kinda resembled Sheryl Crow.

Happy bday to Darrin. I didn't know he was October as well. both paul and I have October bdays! and my son and my father... love the month

I LOVED your trunk, very creative!

and by the way? you've been tagged? see my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Deanne, You look GREAT as a hippy chick!