Thursday, November 15, 2007

A conversation at the Dr.'s office

Last night I took Olivia to the doctor because she was complaining that her ear hurt. (Just a little side note here; our doctor thinks our children are the healthiest kids on the planet. Our kids seem to get sick only after hours, so we always see the on call Dr.) Anyway, we were sitting in the office and here's how the conversation went:

NURSE (to Olivia): So, your ear hurts?

OLIVIA: Yes

NURSE: Which ear is it?

Olivia doesn't realize the nurse is talking to her.

ME (to Olivia): Liv, she wants to know which ear it is.

OLIVIA: Oh. Um...2007

After we all laughed and the nurse left, she turned to me and said, "I'm so embarassed!" I told her she shouldn't be. After all, she was there for ear pain, and I'm sure it affected her hearing. Sure enough, it was infected. On the bright side, she happens to love the taste of the medicine that was prescribed, so I won't have to fight her on taking it twice a day for ten days!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

love it!

Maleen said...

Poor Liv. I can't tell you how many embarrassing moments I have had from hearing the wrong thing. I wish I could tell her it will be her last, but it's not likely. Instead we must all learn to laugh at ourselves.

Wright Family said...

I hope she is feeling better.

denise @ little ant design said...

hope she feels better soon.

remind me when you are coming to california - i have december 13th in my head.

Kelly said...

HA! I had a laugh out loud moment reading this post! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Ker said...

LOL I am literally laughing out loud. Poor livers

Pike's Place said...

Crazy thing -- I just happend upon your blog by finding some Dahl links. Anyway, it's your second cousin, Lisa Pike (formerly Meyer) residing in Las Vegas. I haven't seen you forever! I'm sorry I missed the reunion in August. Your family looks great. Hope Olivia feels better!

Karla said...

What a great story! And I agree, not "hearing" what someone is saying happens almost every day to me. It might be a problem I have with not being able to pay attention to someone talking to me while I'm thinking or doing something else, or even just the inability to really understand what someone is trying to say...but it happens all the time, and I know (hope) that I'm not alone on this!

Jodi said...

I was totally giggling! I can't get enough of your stories!