Monday, August 25, 2008

Ready or not...

...there they go.



This time last year I felt so on the ball. This year, not so much. This year I feel like I'm UNDER the ball, feeling its weight pressing down on me. I'm not sure how it happened, but summer is over. I think I was in denial about school starting, but whether or not I felt like it was time I now have three of my four in school! It's probably just what we need--to be back on a schedule and a routine, but so far we've been a little (o.k. a lot) inconsistent about the routine. I'm sure it will come (fingers crossed). In the meantime, I'm just trying my best to keep my battle with paperwork in control (field trip permission slips, emergency contact info, disclosure documents, reading logs, homework logs, etc.). Liv and Sean started last week, and Warren's first day was today. I was surprised that I didn't get emotional. Warren has been so excited so it made it hard to get sad. Here are some more pictures of the first day(s) of school. (I didn't get any more of Liv because her carpool came right as we were taking the first picture).
Here are some of Sean's first day. (My standard for clothes has decreased dramatically. I used to say that my kids would never wear characters on their clothes. This year we are blessed to own an "every shade of green possible" Yoda shirt AND a rainbow Hannah Montana shirt (for Olivia obviously). I guess you could say that is one battle I have chosen not to fight.)
I made Sean take another picture with a bigger smile.
Here he is with his bus buddies Cameron and Jaden:Getting on the bus:This next picture is my absolute favorite! Warren and David waving good-bye to all the kids.
We weaned David slowly from his siblings. He had one week with Warren before he was left with just Mom. This morning we headed to the bus stop, and I was nervous David would be sad, but he was just fine. I'm going to enjoy having lots of one on one time with my littlest guy (probably more than he'll enjoy it, but I'm sure he'll manage!)
Here are Warren's bus buddies Ivan and Joe:
There they go!!!And now I'm off to the school to ride the bus with the Kindergartners to make sure they all get where they're supposed to go. I think it will be a great year!

15 comments:

AnneMarie said...

This year seems more traumatic than normal, I have no idea why, so, I'm feeling your pain! Cute pics. I'm loving the one on one time too!

Maleen said...

I'm glad you will be there to help out the kindergarteners. I worry about them all remembering where to get off. That is a nice service to provide. Pat yourself on the back.

Melanie said...

We start in two days. It seems like we should have one more month of summer. I didn't realize Sean was a Star Wars fan. Logan is the biggest Star Wars fan you'll ever meet. It's all he talks about. Makes me sad he can't have Sean to play Star Wars with. :(

Jodi said...

Looks like everyone left with big smiles on their faces! Glad to hear it went well - my "baby" starts on Wednesday and I don't have anybody to have one on one time with anymore! Just me by myself, so send David down to play with me sometime!

Cindy B said...

These are great pictures! I just realized I didn't take a single picture of the first day of school this year. I guess when they get to jr. high it's not such a big deal. I'm hoping this is a good year for all of us. Back to homework!

Tiffany said...

I've tried for so long to resist the character tees too. . .but of course, the one school outfit they each picked had a big large Hulk and a Hannah Montana. Oh well, we pick our battles, right? :) Your kids are so grown up. I can't believe you have three out of four inschool. Where has time gone? miss you, Tiff

Jodi said...

I am sure that you are more on top of it than you are giving yourself credit for. Your kids looked great on their first day. They just keep getting bigger and older!

Rynell said...

I just love those first day of school photos. I just realized I forgot to post any photos of that.

I really enjoyed having my youngest home with me when the others were at school. It was a great time.

Stacy said...

Can you believe how fast time goes by? Ashton is starting kindergarten too, but since he is too young for public kindergarten, we are putting him in a private one for a year first, that doesn't start until next week.
I knew Warren wouldn't be sad, your kids have always seemed so social and well-adjusted. What's up with Jaden's quasi-gangsta pose? He always does that in pictures, I think he gets it from his "hip-hop" dance class.
Sean is such a good influence on him, I am glad they are friends.

Katie said...

I remember the first day of school... every year we went outside and took pictures of our new awesome clothes! So fun. I'm so excited for your kids, new school years always bring so much new fun and learning. Hooray for school!

Becky said...

They are getting so big! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

seriously adorable kids!

ouch w/ that cat scratch :::eek:::

mine started today :)

good luck getting out from under that ball

shawna said...

Your kids are beautiful! It was so great to see you last weekend! Thanks for taking time out of your super busy day to have lunch. It was fun to visit and touch base. . . it made our blogger world a little more real! You looked beautiful too!

I took Alaina to her pre-school open house yesterday. She was a bit nervous at first (to be expected), but when she saw her classroom and her cool t-shirts (a uniform of sorts) she warmed up to the idea quite a bit.

I didn't shed any tears. . . we will see about that next week when she starts.

Stacy said...

Deanne,
I'm posting another comment because I just thought about something...are you still jr. primary chorister? If so, why are we not sharing ideas??? It is so hard for me to come up with practical things every week for my jr. primary kids and especially teaching songs! Call me or email me at stacykent0012@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

Whoa...I forget how old my cousins are! I remember a time...in the distant past, when Olivia and Eva were two little babies. This is surprising to say the least...then again, I'm about the age you were when you married Darin, ha, oh dear.