Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mini Mode


I had to document this one since it's been a while since I've seen them do it! This particular move is called "Mini Mode". (Left to right: Warren, Cameron (neighbor), and Sean) It is done by stretching your shirt over your knees, then trying to do everything in that position. Sean became a pro at this maneuver, and was able to navigate the entire school playground in mini mode. They also spent lots of time on the trampoline in mini mode. David often got into the action, and requested that I join him ("Mom, you mini mode"). Sean did not inherit his ability (or agility) to become a pro at this from me, but I did try a time or two for a couple of seconds at a time! I'm curious to see if mini mode makes a comeback when school starts in a couple of weeks (ugh--I don't know if I'm ready to be "school mom". I'm enjoying being "summer mom").

11 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

I wish I could see this in action I bet it's hilarious.

Rynell said...

My boys do this too! How funny...

Maleen said...

Yeah, I'm not sure if I am ready to start "school mom". I tend to be kind of strict about some things, and I think "school mom" is not going to wear well on me. Or at least I don't think my kids will enjoy her much.

buhlersdayoff said...

you are a great mom no matter what...and I love the "mini mode" I used to do something quite similar when I was a young one!! What awesome imaginations your little ones have!!

Jodi said...

I used to do that as a kid too! I guess great things never die!

Anonymous said...

that is really cute!

I know the school mom /s chool mom feeling, but its the first year I;ve had to experience it lOL

Emilie said...

I have never seen anything like Mini-mode but looks like fun. Maybe I will teach my girls how to do it! I LOVE summer because it is very fun being the fun mom during summer, I wonder what kind of school mom I will be?

Jana said...

Thank you so much for your comment on a recent blog post. I'm so glad that you found my blog and, more importantly, that you like it! I so appreciate your support and kindness. RA is the second sexiest AI disease on the planet. Are you on Enbrel? I'm on Remicade but will probably be switched to Humira next month. Fun, fun, fun!

www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

I want to see a picture of YOU in mini-mode! Although all the lunch packing and dressing and early mornings of school are hard, there are also several blessed hours of less children in the house, right?

STL Crew said...

Now they just need to hang upside down and do the chin faces!! Didn't we do that when we were little? Hey, I had a question for you. Could you get me Darin's email address? Paige said their cheer squad is trying to get in touch with everyone to do some sort of chain letter to reconnect. Anyway, if you could get that to me I'll pass it along to my big sis. Thanks!

Doug and Becca said...

I'll have to ask Cameron at scouts to show me his mini mode. Then I'm sure I'll have Taylor walking around the house doing it to.