Friday, August 15, 2008

Brian Regan

Oh the joy! Last night we had the pleasure of seeing Brian Regan at Thanksgiving Point. We got our tickets a long time ago, and just recently discovered that the Hulses also had tickets for the same night. We went together, and had a blast! We started the evening with dinner on the picnic tables, then went back to our blankets. Our blankets were at the very top right by the sidewalk. We weren't concerned about being so far up since there were big screens that would enable us to see him just fine. While we were chatting before the show a guy none of us had met before came up to us and asked, "Are there only 4 of you in your group?" We answered in the affirmative, and then he says, "Do you guys want to come up to the front? We have some extra room and wanted to offer it to people at the top." What in the world?!!! We anxiously took them up on their offer, knowing that any other seats would be closer than where we were, but we just kept walking ALL the way down to the very front. I was as giddy as a school girl! I couldn't believe our good fortune. I had to take a picture of the kind folks who, out of the goodness of their hearts, offered us the most amazing seats in the house!

Um...that's the STAGE!!! These guys came to stand in line at 1:00am. They were first in line, and then, just to be nice, they gave us the status as front row Joes! Thank you, kind strangers! Your good deed made our night!
The opening act was great! His name is Kermit Apea. Some of my favorites of his were his purple taurus wagon with two car seats (this car can be summed up in two words...Hello, ladies!), being pulled over by a minivan (sitting in the back with handcuffs saying, "are we there yet, are we there yet, he's hitting me, are we there yet?), the bicycle police officers (how do criminals get away from those guys? Oh yeah, they step on the gas), braille at the aquarium, and so many more. I was already in tears from laughing so hard, and I didn't have much time to recover before HE came out!
This man is so funny! His facial expressions, his mannerisms, and his delivery are all hilarious! He came out and the first thing he commented on was the t-shirts of the group in front of us. He said, "Hey, you have some of my jokes written on your shirts. That makes me feel good, and if I ever get lost I can just look down there." and then he proceeded to read the t-shirts in true Brian Regan fashion. Some highlights of his act:
-News Anchor you can trust/News team that cares
-Betty Crocker
-Chess (normal sized guy vs. tall center--this one was great because it probably won't ever be on a DVD. He went on a huge tangent about "normal sized guy". He ended the bit by saying, "that was the longest joke in the history of comedy)
-No-nonsense judges (the spinning hat twirl)
-Model prisoner (even though he thought it didn't go over well. His comment was, "that was a new joke, so thanks for your feedback")
-Walkie Talkie
-School
It was such a fun night, and as I was drifting off to sleep last night I would just start cracking up all over again.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so jealous - that would have been so much fun!

Marie said...

Sarah was there too. Brian is hilarious!

Maleen said...

I've never even heard of the guy, but he sounds great!

Jodi said...

Sorry we missed it - sounds like a fun night! He is my all-time favorite comedian! Glad you had a great time!

shawna said...

I haven't ever heard of him before either. But that is so awesome those kind comedian lovers invited you up to the front. NOthing like a pleasant surprise on an already fun outing!

Hope to see you soon, don't know if Jodi told you or not,but we are heading up that way next week. Would love to catch an Apollo Burger with ya or something.

Melanie said...

Brian Regan is great! How fun that you got to go. And I can't think of anyone more deserving of a random act of kindness. :)

We're coming down in a few more weeks - hope to see you!

Stacy said...

I've never heard of this guy, but I remember someone mentioning a funny comedian at Thanksgiving Point...lucky ducks on the seating arrangment. You must have been very righteous this week :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, he was in arkansas whne I went home for my grandmother's funeral, but I didn't feel it appropriate to fly into town for hte funeral just to see Brian.... just felt funny LOL!

soo cool you got to see him. You guys are such a gorgeous couple!

Rynell said...

Brian Reagan is our favorite comedian too! What a fun night!

Unknown said...

I'm secretly jealous. Oh well, I guess I'll just settle for youtube.