Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where to begin?

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with blog catch up! A lot of our photos from Hawaii are still on Darin's laptop, but life keeps moving forward somehow! I may need to do a post a day until I'm caught up. So...here are some highlights from the 4th of July:

We started the day with the 5k/10k. Doug and Heidi were the 10k-ers, and the rest of us ran/walked the 5k with the little girlies. Check them out in their cute tanks (Grandma embroidered them with her fancy machine):(Kirsten, Avynlee, Kamryn, Lexi, Olivia)

Here are the other 5k-ers:


















We were greeted at the finish line with lots of cheers from Mom, Dad, Camille (the faithful photographer--who is unfortunately not pictured), Brad, and Coleman. Here is the whole gang with a couple of our cheerleaders (Grandpa and Coleman):

After the run, we headed over to our spot for the parade. Kelsey and Chandler went over bright and early and got a sweet spot in the middle of the street (on the island). Darin is not a fan of parades, so he decided to stay home with the boys. Here are some highlights from the parade:

Kaden has a mild case of Coulrophobia:




Governor Huntsman:





THS Marching Band:And here is our shining T-Bird star, Eric, keeping his concentration like a champ. Heidi almost kissed his cheek, Brad offered him a popsicle (right in his face), and he did not crack a smile. I was impressed!From our spot, we were able to get up close and personal with all the balloons (they had to go under a power line right by us):After the parade we headed to Mom and Dad's house for sandwiches, then headed over to the pool. We swam for a couple of hours then headed to Max and Laura's for more food! (Just a little shout out to Laura here. She got back from Hawaii on Sunday, headed up to a week of Girl's Camp on Monday, then hosted a bbq at her house on Friday. Wow.) Liv and I headed to Provo to go to Stadium of Fire and left the boys at Max's. We didn't feel like the boys would enjoy Miley Cyrus enough to make the price of the tickets worth it. I felt like Darin and I had separate celebrations, but we did get together for a quick photo!

Here are some pictures of our simultaneous celebrations (I'm glad we have two cameras!): The boys were back at Mom and Dad's house.












How stinking cute are these boys?!!! I want to eat them all up! (Coleman, Bridger, Warren, Oliver, Harrison, Sean) All the little girl cousins were at Stadium of Fire.


More from the stadium: (it was harder than you might think to get a good picture of the fireworks up close!)
After a long day that started early and was packed with lots of running, swimming, and walking, Liv was absolutely exhausted. She was crying as we made the trek back to Grandma and Grandpas. Luckily Jodi rescued us for the last few blocks. Our bodies were very grateful!





The program at the Stadium of Fire was great! I almost liked the "pre-show" better than the main event. The main event was Blue Man Group and Miley Cyrus--Blue Man Group was really entertaining and Miley Cyrus felt a little "rock star wannabe-ish"--we did love her familiar songs, though, but we were too far up to appreciate it. (Note to self: next time you are seated in the $35.00 section, please remember your binoculars!).

We had a great view for all of the stuff at the beginning! The planes, the sky divers, the dancers (they did a 7 minute number representing every event in the Summer Olympics. It was awesome!), etc. Glenn Beck was the emcee, and did a great job. It was really moving and reminded me of how grateful I am to live here and how grateful I am for those who are fighting for our freedom. I have the opportunity to be in contact with a family member who is serving in Afghanistan. As I hear of his experiences and how people live I am even more grateful! God Bless America!
p.s. No wonder I'm so behind! I manage to make a novel out of a day!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! What a great day. And there's no better way to spend it than with fun family and friends. YAY!

Maleen said...

That picture of all the boys is so stinking cute.
And I am very impressed with Eric keeping a straight face. I did not have the best band face when I was in parades.

Jodi said...

I totally agree with liking the pre-show as much (if not more) than the actual show! And I wish I was able to sleep through it like Liv...I was SO tired too!

Brooke said...

My niece was one of those dancers that did the 7 minute ode to the olympics. My sister in law was there as well and said that the fireworks were great but mylie cyrus was just ok.

Stacy said...

Don't worry, everyone's July 4th posts are novels too. There is just so much to do in one day! So sounds like Ms. Cyrus doesn't quite live up to the hype, but having gone to Stadium of Fire in the past, I remember it being very stirring and patriotic.
Love the pics of all the boys and congrats on getting up early to walk/run...definately more than we did.

Rynell said...

What a great 4th of July! It sounds so wonderful and patriotic and fun-filled...

Kelly said...

Love this post, Dean! Looks like it was quite a day! Love that photo of you and Darin, by the way!

AnneMarie said...

Looks like a looooong, full, fun day! Eva would be so jealous of Liv going to the Stadium of Fire! Way to go with the running/walking!

Christy said...

Sounds like fun!

Cindy B said...

Wow, it looks like you were super busy! Did you spot my girls in the show? Way to go for Olivia on running a big race with her mom.

Doug and Becca said...

Looks like it was a fun 4th. I think its graet you are doing 5k's with olivia. Good idea. I did that once....back before i was married. maybe i should try that again?

Jenny Dahl said...

What a day! My kids would have loved to be there for the Hannah Montana show. Instead it was sparklers on the back patio before it was even dark enough to get the full effect. Pretty pathetic actually!