Wednesday, July 9, 2008

20 years ago...

Darin and I both graduated. His graduation was as a T-bird from Timpview High School. My graduation was as a roadrunner from Rock Canyon Elementary School. His was obviously the bigger milestone, and we were excited to celebrate at his reunion! Saturday night was for the graduates and their significant others. It was so fun to see Darin reunite with old buddies (I have met quite a few over the years, and it was fun to reunite with them, too!).

We had a really good dinner, then a short program. Ben York performed a song he wrote about being a T-bird. I was in Ben's singles ward years ago, and he just may be the kindest person in the world. He doesn't have a negative word to say about anyone. He also presented awards to three people who worked hard to put the reunion together. There were also tributes to those who had passed on, those who have served in the Armed Forces, revisiting the Yearbook to see how right the class was about the polls (most likely to...), prizes, and a slide show. It was a great night, and Darin was relieved that he didn't forget names! I don't even think he had to use the name tags. (The name tags were great! The graduates had their senior picture on the name tags.)















We had to do the classic dance picture pose (this was after the reunion as we were picking our children up from Jodi's house):


Sunday evening Gary hosted a mini-reunion at his house. Amy's aunt owns a whole bunch of carnival equipment that was there. Our kids were in heaven!!! There was a little bounce house, cotton candy machine, ice cream machine, popcorn machine, sno-cone machine, and lots of kids! Here are the graduates and their wives:


And all the kids:Olivia made a little buddy that night. This is Gary's youngest daughter, Lydia. She has the cutest little personality, and only confirmed Olivia's desire for a baby sister.The kids also had fun playing "Slack" (I believe they made it up) with some of the Dixons and Gary's other (equally sweet) daughter, Isabelle.Monday the festivities continued at a cabin up Hobble Creek Canyon. It was a blast!!! There we enjoyed

pony rides

More bounce house funcontinuing day-old friendshipsbeing flung far into the air on a bungee cord






and a lot more chatting and catching up. Can anyone spot the celeb?

I'll give you a closer look:



That's right, folks! SuperDell!!! I can now add him to my list of celebrities I've met. For those of you who may not be familiar, he owned Totally Awesome Computers and had several local commercials back in the day. Here's how our conversation went:

SD: Hi. How are you?

Me: I'm doing great! How are you?

SD: Totally Awesome.


Classic!

It was a fabulous reunion! Thanks to everyone who made it a great weekend!

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the reunion post - and I am pretty jealous that you got to actually talk to Super Dell! What a thrill!

Adrianne Miller said...

Darin told us at Makau that SD was in his class. When I started reading this post I was hoping for a SD sighting. Thank you for not letting me down!

Maleen said...

That looked way more organized than my class is ever going to get any of our reunions. And it looked so fun for the kids as well.
By the way, you look fabulous in your pink outfit and dance pose.

Pike's Place said...

Reunions are such fun! I'm glad it went well (I totally forgot about Super Dell . . . what a funny reminder!). By the way, isn't Provo great on the 4th? I loved the pre-show, too, at the Stadium of Fire.

Tiffany said...

So fun Dean. Do you think our 20 will be half as organized, or even happen?!! You look like a babe, by the way! I"m sure Darin was more than pleased to have you by his side. He's a lucky man. Looks like you are having a wonderful and busy summer. Love, Tiff

buhlersdayoff said...

wow what a reunion can't I be one of your kids? I love your 4th post and I am jealous you guys got to run the 5k/10k I regret not doing it this year!! Can't wait to see your hawaii pictures!!

AnneMarie said...

It looks like a whole weekend of fun! I'm missing my 20th tomorrow, how did 20 years go so fast?!

Rynell said...

Wow! What a fun reunion. That's awesome that it continued through the weekend. Love the dance pose!

Stacy said...

Deanne, you look so good! Your "prom picture" is great. My 10 year class reunion was such a bust, this one looks like it was great, they should give a class to future reunion committees.
By the way, I heard SuperDell was a total jerk, but I guess from your conversation the media was wrong :)

Marie said...

My 10 year reunion was a few weeks ago. I didn't go. But I'm glad you and Darin had fun. I didn't realize he is 10 years older than me.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is my hubby! I love seeing those pictures. With the funeral and wedding, we just couldn't swing my ticket, but so glad he got out there!

very cool! love the pix at Gary's.