Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A safe return

I cannot believe that I'm really writing that my cat came back!!! I pulled into the garage this afternoon and heard a meow. I thought it was the stray that has been trying to use Shadow's bed, but when I looked down, it was Shadow! I am still in shock. I feel like I was just starting to make my way through the grieving process, and had decided that I would NEVER have a pet again. So now I have a whole new process to start. I have no idea where he could have been for the past two days. He has never left our cul-de-sac, so he must have found a good hiding place, especially since the last two days have been extremely cold and windy. I didn't even think it was a possibility for him to still be alive. He is not all the way well, but he can walk, eat, meow, and purr. Only time will tell how serious his injuries are; but for right now, I'll just be grateful that he's back. Thanks for all your well wishes and condolences.

10 comments:

Maleen said...

Oh, that is wonderful!!!! I hope he continues to recover and feel better every day. We need to learn from Shadow, obviously he isn't holding a grudge.

Jodi said...

Yae for Shadow! Glad he's back and doing well. Hopefully he can make a full recovery!

Chelle! said...

I am reading a book about an animal that gets in a fight and it takes time for his body to heal...oh, it was a werewolf. I am glad that your cat has arrived back. Hopefully, he is like a werewolf and can heal fast.

Ker said...

OK I am totally laughing at Michelles comments. Silly Michelle. Those darn "Twilight" books. I am so glad that he is home.

megan said...

that is such the happy ending. It has been cold out there glad that Shadow made it back safely

denise @ little ant design said...

I can't believe he is home. That's pretty amazing. I hope that he will be fully recovered soon.

STL Crew said...

Hey, just think, Shadow still has 8 lives left!! Life is good!

Jenny Dahl said...

I was keeping my fingers crossed for a happy ending of the story. Guess you should have a pet after all. So glad Shadow is back!

buhlersdayoff said...

YAY i am so glad for you. i can only imagine what emotions you have been through. I think that you can officially say you have ran a marathon or something because going through so many emotions can really wear you out like a marathon!! I remember when I was little my friend and I were dog sitting for a neighbor and the dog got ran over. We took him to the vet and he was fine but on the way home it threw up in my friend's dad's BMW. Let's just say that I have a hard time still to this day of eating beef stew.

Jodi said...

Wow- amazing! I'm glad that he is back safe and sound (well hopefully sound).