Friday, January 4, 2008

On our way...

So after our car was all fixed, we packed the car, loaded the kiddos, and we were on our way! We made our way to Las Vegas where we stayed with my brother, Devon and his family. We ate dinner with them, swam in their hot tub, played cards, and enjoyed cousin time and a good night's sleep. The next day we made our way to Redondo Beach where we saw my good friend, Cheree and her daughter, Mackenzie, for the first time in almost two years!!! It was so good to see them. We also got to meet her husband, Arnie for the first time. I had heard nothing but the best about Arnie, and he definitely lived up to his reputation! They are the perfect match. We had such a great evening with them eating pizza, playing Wii, and watching part of The Biggest Loser finale. It's so fun to see long time friends! We hated to leave, but since it was getting late we decided to make the rest of our journey to Darin's dad's house. It's been too long since we visited Grandpa! It was so good to see him! We went straight to bed, grateful to be done with long trips in the car for a while. The next morning the prep work for the new floor began. Part of our reason for going to California was to help Darin's dad put in a new floor in his living room, dining room and hall. We pulled up carpet and pad, pulled off base boards, and moved the furniture. We took a little break around lunch time to visit my cousin, Derek at work. He works for Oakley, and we went to visit him. The building is so unique! It was so fun to see. Thanks to the world of blogging, I knew exactly what Derek had been up to, so we didn't have a lot of catching up to do! Here are some pics of the building:


One of my favorite parts was the Oakley museum. There was a hallway showing all the different styles that Oakley had from the beginning to now.


To end our tour, we got to go shopping in the Oakley discount store. We all decided on beanies except Darin, who got some sweet new glasses.
After the Oakley adventure we went to In n' Out to have lunch and continue our work on the floor. After a while I realized that with all of us there "helping" we weren't getting a lot done, so I took the kids to the mall to see Santa and watch a movie so the big boys could get a lot done. We were all tired and ready to sleep to get ready for DISNEYLAND the next day!

8 comments:

Maleen said...

So, the sunglasses over the head...did those ever come out on the market? I'm sure sorry I missed them. I personally think you should have gotten a pair of those, but the beanies look great too.

Chelle! said...

How delightful!!! I think the beanies looks great (and warm)! Glad you are having a fantastic time!!!

Jodi said...

the beanies look awesome - and I'm sorry we didn't make it to Oakley. It looks like a very cool place.

Jodi said...

Wow- you weren't kidding, the Oakley store is cool! I can't wait to see pictures of Disneyland.

megan said...

I love the beanies! You look so darling. What fun trip. Oakley museum that is so cool. I wish we could have met up with you in Calif. That would have been nice to talk to someone while standing in line at Disneyland.

Ker said...

You are posting to slow for me! I want to hear it all- oh yeah, and I love the beanies. You look HOT! LOL

STL Crew said...

What a blast! We've have definitely need to put that on our to-do list soon! It looks way too fun!

STL Crew said...

(Oops, had a little writing problem! Personal spell check wasn't completed before publishing!)