Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Things that make me happy...

1) Driving in the car listening to the radio and looking at the person in the next car who is singing what you're listening to.
2) Wrapping a gift in wrapping paper that has a pattern to it, and having the pattern match up perfectly when you wrap it around the box.
3) Figuring out what's wrong with your car BEFORE you leave on vacation.
4) Driving 700 miles with 4 kids, and having less than 10 minutes of crying (It's a festivus miracle!).
5) Seeing friends and family I haven't seen in a long time.
6) Playing Wii for the first time (and kicking some trash at bowling).
7) Having a free place to stay in California.
8) Seeing the Oakley building (one of the coolest buildings I have ever seen--seriously...more pics to come).
9) Knowing our house and cat are being taken care of.
10) I am truly on vacation. I can relax, and I even have time to blog!

7 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Maleen said...

Oh my gosh, I totally love it when the pattern matches up when I am wrapping. And the car ride with only ten minutes of crying truly is a festivus miracle. We didn't even leave the house today and there was certainly more than 10 minutes of crying involved. Have fun and I'm happy to see you are still blogging. Yay!

Chelle! said...

I am with Maleen, I love it when the wrapping paper matches up--that is truly happy moments!!! I agree with you about the singing...that happened one time and we both looked at each other at the same time and burst out laughing!!!

Wright Family said...

I'm glad your car got working. I hope you get a nice and relaxing vacation.

denise @ little ant design said...

We are so glad you guys are here. Can't wait to see you. Glad you liked Oakley.

I am a wrapping paper freak so I too find total pleasure when the wrapping paper pattern matches up.

Pike's Place said...

I love the music thing, too. Jer and I have very different tastes, so when I notice he knows the same song I do, it's a bonding thing. :)

Are you staying with family down there? I know we have lots of So. Cal relatives, but I don't know them as well as I should. I'm there so often I feel like I should visit.

Unknown said...

One of the things that makes me happy is having friends who make me smile. Thanks for the smile!