Thursday, July 5, 2007

Balloon Fest

This has been such a great week (again...I think I love summer!). We found a new tradition this year! We woke up very early (6am) on the 3rd and made our way down to Balloon Fest. We were able to see about 25 hot air balloons fill up, then take off. It was awesome! We all loved it so much we are making it an annual event for our family!

side view of the Smokey the Bear balloon (Warren's favorite)





I'm in trouble! Olivia and her cousin Kamryn desperately want to have a sleep over. They ask every time they're together if they can have a sleep over. Last time I said 'no' they said, "Well, when CAN we have a sleep over?" and I replied, "Um, I don't know, when pigs fly." I guess they're in luck! (Of course this was Olivia's favorite balloon, with the strawberry coming in a close second.)





Sean liked the Brooks and Dunn balloon with the bull horns on it.



Here are some pics of us waiting to see if any of the balloons would come back. Since the balloonists are at the mercy of the wind, they can't always make it back. Sean passed the time reading...


David and Olivia made up a new game called 1,2,3, POOF! David would put a lid from a water bottle on his finger, then Olivia would shake his arm and say 1,2,3, POOF, and flick the lid off his finger. He laughed so hard! (Why do we buy toys?)
After we were pretty sure that the balloons weren't coming back we left to pick up Darin's mom to take her to breakfast. It was such a fun day!
There will be more posts to come documenting our 4th celebrations...stay tuned!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes..I knew pigs could fly! Let's start planning the sleepover! Your house or mine?

Jodi said...

Great pictures...we might join you next year if I can get my kids out of bed at 6:00 a.m. Looks like a lot of fun!

buhlersdayoff said...

I love the balloons!! We used to live right by the field they launched from and so it was so fun to just walk over and see it. We planned on getting up and watching them this year but of course our bed was just begging for us to stay in so we had to stay in it just a little longer. Maybe next year?!

Jodi said...

I want to go see balloons! Ogden City is putting on a hot air balloon festival in August. I think we are going to go. There you can take rides as well... is that how this one was?

Deanne said...

We weren't able to take rides, but that would be cool!

Kellie said...

wow! those are great photos! your camera definatly takes good pics! i'm glad you had so much fun!

megan said...

We wanted to do the balloons too but, there is too much to choose from. Um you're in trouble I saw a pig flying all moring that day. That was my kids favorite. Don't you love the way kids are so clever? Looks like a fun day I love the fourth!

Ker said...

I missed the balloons this year! I was in Idaho doing NOTHING! It was the 1st time in 20 years we have had a boring 4th! Glad you shared your fun Dean!

Karla said...

I used to go see the baloon lauch every year, but haven't the past few years... bummer, because I LOVE it! Great pictures. I think I'll have to do it next year, for sure. Thanks for sharing!