Thursday, June 28, 2007

Father's Day

I wanted to rewind a couple of weeks and post pictures from Father's Day. The kids made breakfast in bed for Darin. Warren cut strawberries, Olivia chose & poured the cereal, and Sean made scrambled eggs. After breakfast we presented him with two of his gifts; a white shirt and tie and a candy lei. We each kissed him on the cheek as we presented the lei to him. He didn't end up wearing the lei to church for fear that the chocolate would melt all over him, but the kids helped him eat it after church. After a nice Sunday nap and dinner we sent Darin on a treasure hunt. The kids were so excited to help me think of the clues and were excellent clue hiders. The treasure hunt ended with the aforementioned tent. It was such a fun day! I asked each of the kids what they love most about Dad, and this is what they said:

Olivia: I love it when he plays games with us

Sean: I like that he tells us bedtime stories

Warren: I like it when he wrestles with us

David: DA! (this is how the conversation with David went: (me) "what's your favorite thing about Dad? (David, looking around for Darin) DA!

What's my favorite thing about Darin? My answer is...what's not to love? He is the kindest person I think I know! He is supportive, helpful, happy, patient, and no, Darin, in my wildest dreams I never imagined I'd be married to someone as funny as you! We love you lots!
In the evening we called Darin's dad, then headed over to my dad's house. We made him a candy lei, too (with black licorice and nuts), and added some "bling" in the form of a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD. I'm sad we didn't get a picture, it was pretty sweet. We ended the evening with a free Sunday concert at a local park. It was a great day, and we're glad we had the opportunity to honor all our favorite dads! We feel very fortunate to have them in our lives. We love you, Dads!!!






2 comments:

Jodi said...

How great! And great pictures of the kids kissing Darin! (especially David) And I love Sean giving Warren the "rabbit ears"!

Jodi said...

I love David's comments on Darin. I could picture it perfectly in my head! What free concerts are there and where? I love things like that!