Saturday, June 23, 2007

You Go, Girls!!!

A few weeks ago I was able to watch my good friends Julie and Mindy complete a half triathlon. We woke up early with the intent of watching Julie's daughter Lily (one of Liv's best friends) finish the kids triathlon but due to some (ahem) unfortunate circumstances she didn't make it to the race on time, and was unable to compete. Lily was so sad, but I'm sure she'll be ready for next year! I was so amazed and impressed with all the triathletes. It ALMOST inspired me to start getting ready for my own half triathlon, but as of yet, I am still in the "amazed and impressed" mode, and not quite in the "yes...I'm going to do it!" phase. It was so fun to be a part of the day, even just as a cheerleader. Jodi and Sarah also came with their cute girls (and with their wicked awesome poster) to support our girls, and Jason, Jamee and kids came and provided a bird's eye view (from the top of their SUV) for Liv and Lily to watch the biking part. We had so much fun yelling and screaming for Julie and Mindy, and I am so proud of them! We were able to witness a cute 11 year old boy who beat (actually smoked) his dad on every leg of the race, a dad who attached a smaller bike on the back of his, and a trailer on back of the smaller bike so his two kids could be with him, and most importantly, our friends finish the race STRONG!!! I still feel bad about one thing, though. During the bike portion a man who was part of the race turned and quickly asked me, "How many people are in front of me?" I was taken back by the question, and I replied, "Not many, you're really close to the front" when in all actuality I had no idea how many people were in front of him. I hope I didn't dash his hopes of being first, and I hope he doesn't harbor any ill feelings against me (even though he doesn't know who I am). It was a great day, and again, You go, Girls!!!
















































6 comments:

Ker said...

WOW Deanne! You go girl! Keep posting- as I love your stories! ANd congrats to Jewels and Mindy and Lily! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

so...can we plan on attending next year to cheer you on? I'll start working on my poster now!

Kellie said...

wow!!! Way to go that was awesome to see those photos! Yeah I'm right there with you in the if I thought maybe I could do it, I would...

buhlersdayoff said...

I'm in on helping make a poster for you!! I may even wear a cheerleading outfit if I can ever find one that I would fit in!! I think that you could make it for sure!!

Jamee said...

Red C- I get it. (Red Sea, right?)
I love that you are blogging- and that all the great comments are from our ward. :)
I like reading your stuff because I can just imagine you saying it. Keep it coming!

Jodi said...

Okay Deanne- I need the picture of Sarah and I cheering on Julie and Mindy. What a great post- I was dying thinking about your false info you gave to that guy.. that was awesome!