Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thanks (I think)

I have been volunteering in David's kindergarten class every Thursday since the beginning of the year. Every time I go in I am met with "Hi, David's Mom!" from all the kids.

Today when I went in I was in a dress (I was going to the temple right after school).

As I was getting ready to leave the classroom I had the following conversation with a cute little girl named Nicole (bless her heart).

Nicole:  You're David's mom?
Me:  Yes.  I'm David's mom.
Nicole (clearly not convinced):  You're more prettier than David's mom.

Wow.

Apparently I need to dress up a little more often (or maybe I was just having a good hair and make-up day?) lest the kindergartners think I am sending my ugly twin to school.  I may have set the bar too high today.  Sunday best isn't really my idea of volunteering apparel.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Oh man, kids are so honest!

Laura said...

If you ever want to know how you look to other people and get an honest answer...ask a kid.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Ha ha! How funny! Ugly duckling my foot. :)

Beth said...

love it!!! Bless her heart!