Friday, August 7, 2009

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

I just returned from every husband's favorite Dr.'s appointment: the 6 week check.

The Good News: I've lost 32 pounds
The Bad News: I gained more than that during my pregnancy (a lot more), and I started a little heavier than usual so I have a lot of work to do.

The Good News: I've done it before, so I know I can do it
The Bad News: Since I've done it before, I know how much work it takes, and I'm not sure I'm ready to start.

Please send motivation.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

That first line made me laugh out loud! So true, so true....

Good luck, Deanne! You can do it!

Maleen said...

I have no doubt that you can do anything. But for the record, I think you look great all the time. Seriously.

By the way, thanks for keeping my 'secret' for so long. I know you didn't know for sure, and I wanted to tell you, but Tyler still likes to wait, so I appreciate you being patient.

Rynell said...

I hear you. I'm just getting back on the exercise bandwagon. It feels good. Really it does. I dread getting going, but when I actually do, I feel great. So, go for it! If I can, you can!

(I want to start cycling class in the near future, in case you ever want to meet up for that....)

Jodi said...

Find a motivation and remind yourself of it over and over while you are in the painful stages of getting back in shape. Before you know it, you will love exercising again!

Ali the B. said...

MOTIVATION!! There I said it!! now I need to get ME some!! :) good luck to us all!!

Anonymous said...

you look fantastic either way.

do it for me, I can't lose weight no matter what I do, so please for me? LOL

Cindy B said...

Hey, better to lose it now that be like me and wait until your baby is 12! No, really. I have 35 pounds to get off to get to my pre-William weight.

At least you have done it before so you know you can do it! I'll be there to cheer you on!