Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to School

So begins another school year. I should stop wondering how each summer goes by faster than the last one, and just accept it. The kids were all really excited to start a new year. They were all very pleased as they met their teachers the night before.
We are ready for a schedule. The only problem? Brig didn't get the memo that we are on a schedule, so he still has some rough nights, making it difficult for me to be functioning and cheerful a couple of hours earlier than I'm used to. We have somehow managed to be at the bus stop on time for the two days school has been in session, and I know we will find our groove and make it smooth sailing in the mornings. It's just around the corner--I can feel it.

My 5th, 1st, and 3rd graders:

They were on the bus with hardly a backward glance. Olivia humored me and turned around long enough for me to snap a quick photo.
It was too quick to be painful--just like ripping off a band-aid (plus they were all so excited there was nothing to be sad about). They were off to their new adventures, and the two little boys and I headed home to begin ours.
I know it's only been two days, but I am encouraged by the fact that both boys napped at the same time in the afternoon on both days. My fingers are crossed that this will remain a part of our daily routine.
**A funny Warren quote:
Warren: "Mom, do you know how good my new socks are?"
Me: "How good are they?"
Warren: "From my stomach to my back good. That's really good."
(I found out that "from my stomach to my back" is all the way around; as far as you can stretch your arms out. Warren gave me a visual demonstration.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool blog

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting,this time thing goes by way too fast. I'm trying to blog again so we will see how it goes :)

Jodi said...

Coordinating the naps is the best. If I can even get twenty minutes by myself I feel like a new person. I hope Brig starts sleeping better for you soon.

Oh and the Warren quote is amazing. Kids are so dang funny!

Rynell said...

I also wonder how every summer goes faster than the last. Back to school has been fun at our house too, the kids are really excited for the new school year.