Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brunch

I love brunch. It sounds like such a sophisticated event, when really it's just a whole lot of fun and good food. I got together with some high school friends last month, and we had a great time catching up! I have to say I'm impressed with how much catching up we did with the plethora of kids that accompanied us. As we were sitting, several groups of older women came in sans kids. Some of them even smiled at us. I hope we didn't ruin their brunch, but I don't think we did. I'm sure they remember what it was like. I remember hoping that as I grow old, brunch with these fine ladies (and others) will still be on my calendar. I'm sure we'll smile at the young mothers and remember what it was like.

5 comments:

megan said...

I am so sad that I missed out. Can't wait to see everyone in December.

I am so glad that kindergarten worked out for warren. That is such a worry. What a relief. He looks like he is having a blast in his new class.

Anonymous said...

FUN!

I bet it's nice to have so many friends! I have just moved around too much to get a solid group going LOL

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh! You woman look completely outnumbered! By a long shot!
How fun to get together with old friends. I always think that older ladies (and men) don't remember because I feel like they always give me dirty looks like "can't you control your kids?"
I'm like..."you wanna give it a shot?" :)

buhlersdayoff said...

I love getting together with friends you haven't seen in a while how fun!!!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with how in control everyone looks. I can't quite swing that in a restaurant with my kids. Kudos to you!