Friday, October 17, 2008

True Love


My husband loves me. He is a true family man, and I have never doubted his devotion to us. He proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt last night when my kids REALLY wanted to go see Beverly Hills Chihuahua with their cousins. I offered to take the kids to the movie while he watched the BYU game, and he still opted to come with us...and pay full price for a movie that was surprisingly not on his list of "must sees". (We were secretly hoping that the movie would be sold out, but our hopes were dashed when we saw exactly two cars in the parking lot. We "enjoyed" an almost private screening.) Now that's true love!


p.s. even though it wasn't my favorite movie, and the whole pampered dog thing is nausea inducing, it did have a couple of good one-liners.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great husband! That is TRUE devotion - I don't even think I'd get lucky enough to have Juts watch it at home...

Jodi said...

With the BYU game on and everything... he was probably glad once he saw what happened to BYU! There were no good vibes around our house last night.
I cannot bring myself to see this movie- an entire show about chihuahuas is just too much for me!

Stacy said...

I can't believe you saw that movie! Seeing the previews I was like "they actually got funding to make this movie?" and then Ashton exclaimed that he wanted to see it and I thought "that's why".
Props to Darrin AND you for braving the movie for the kids.

Beth said...

Way to go!! That is true love! Too bad it wasn't sold out! :)

Carrie said...

Darin is a keeper! I have always known it myself! You are the Bestest parents in the whole world!
That movie did'nt make any of my lists. lol

Jodi said...

He was a good sport - every adult in that theater was a good sport. It's not on my list of "see again" movies...not even close!

Doug and Becca said...

That is a great husband who chooses to be with the family over a BYU game. Although, these days, its not that great to watch BYU anymore. What's happening to them?