Monday, October 15, 2007

Three Words

There are three words that describe what I'm craving in my life right now:

Priorities
This one is self explanitory. Work before play and all that good stuff.
Balance
As I attempt to juggle all my responsibilities and add some fun, it seems that one ball is always weighted a little heavier than the rest, and I seem to drop the rest, and end up scrambling to get them up in the air again. For a while, the blog ball was heavy, and my kids and my house suffered from lack of attention. Then I realized that my kids and my house needed the attention, and I failed to take proper care of myself (and post on my blog!). Then I realized that my body needs me to take care of it , and now that ball is the heavy one...but in the meantime, I have begun to learn that it is possible to give a little bit to everyone and everything, it just takes prioritizing! I have begun to see the beginnings of a balanced life as I have let go of striving for perfection in a given area, and have settled on the idea that just a little better is more than enough.
Consistency
I'm getting there! This is surely a process that will take a lifetime (and beyond). I am learning that there really is no magic in consistency. It's as simple as continuing to do the things that you want to have as a part of your life; day after day; even when you don't want to.
So there you have it. That's what's been on my brain lately. These three words are key for me.
If I start to slip into my non-balanced, non-consistent, non-prioritized life, it's back to the drawing board. But fortunately for me, the drawing board already has the answers, I just need to remind myself! It's good to be back on the blog, and to realize that it is now a more evenly weighted ball in my juggling act.

10 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

Love this post - thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think you summed up what so many of us feel. It was good to read your words today.

Jodi said...

Well, when you get it all figured out - call me and let me in on the "secret". It seemns like I've been trying to find a proper balance for the past 17 years...I am not even close!

Jenny Dahl said...

I know this one well. This balance is a constant daily struggle for me too. And unfortunately, I'm no good at juggling. But I am happy that one of your balls is your blog because I do love your blogging act. Happy juggling!

Kelly said...

Dean...well said! I guess the constant juggling is what keeps life interesting, right? How boring it would be if we had it all figured out from the get-go!

Wright Family said...

Amen, to all of that.

Tiffany said...

Oh, we must have the same brain my friend! I love you!

Patriot said...

Consistency is so hard!! Hard work and patience is what it takes, I guess!

I just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting at my site for some great American made products. Please stop by and enter!

Thank you!

Maleen said...

Give yourself more credit. I think Heavenly Father looks down and smiles that we are even trying to juggle. It's not easy to start and certainly hard to learn the more difficult tricks. Keep your pace and the fact that you are working on it means you are right where you are supposed to be.

Carlye said...

Your family is so cute. It's still wierd to see you all grow up and with kids the age at which we used to play!

Anonymous said...

What an inspirational blog!!! I have been teaching the time managment thing now for a long time and it's always insightful to read 'real women' and what they are dealing with. Outside of the business arena.

I think you are doing a great job!