Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Family Pictures

I was reading Jenny's blog yesterday about the inevitable scrapes and bruises that seem to magically appear just before family pictures. This reminded me of an unsuccessful photo shoot from two years ago (I was 5 months pregnant with David). My sister, Jodi, was taking our pictures for a family book. My main concern was that the boys wouldn't be looking and smiling, so naturally her attention was focused on them. Bumps and bruises had nothing to do with the fact that we couldn't use any of the photos for our project; rather it was a silly six year old girl who felt the need to sabotage the pictures for some reason. We didn't know she had done it until we got home and viewed the photos on the computer. This is what we saw:




Apparently she sensed the fact that she was being ignored. Lesson learned. For the record, we did have a picture to add to the family book for my parents. It was taken a few minutes later in a different location. I guess she just needed to get it out of her system.
p.s. Our original plan was to crop out the power lines and the big cement slab. As it turned out, we didn't need to worry about it.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Silly, silly Liv! What a hoot! Great memories ~ not so great pictures!

Maleen said...

I have genuine fear. We really haven't gotten a family picture yet (yes, I am a bit of a slacker). I wonder how my girls will do. June tends to be a big 'fake' smiler.

Ker said...

OK that is hilarious! Totally a Megan! I cant even think of what to write because I am laughing.

Jenny Dahl said...

awesome. I'm glad I'm not alone. Scrapes and bruises are the least of my problems when taking pics. Like you said the hard part is getting everyone to smile and look in the right direction at the same time. If I'm being honest the kids can pull whatever they want. Important thing is that mom looks good. After all, I am the one that picks the picture!

Jodi said...

My brother did the same thing in our Christmas pictures one year. Except he was 18. Does that mean he was needing some attention too? ha! I loved the sabotaged pics!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! My brother did that in our family pictures when he was 6 or 7 too! I remember the photographer started to get really annoyed. the pics were so hilarious though!

Tiffany said...

family pictures are the bane (sp?) of my existence! I've almost given up on getting one of all of us looking good!