Wednesday, February 16, 2011

100 Day Heart Challenge

A few weeks ago I applied to be part of Utah Valley Regional Medical Center's 100 Day Heart Health Challenge.  I didn't expect to hear back, but I did!  I was so excited!  They accepted 10 women who were over 30 and they were able to choose their partner (male or female).  I chose Darin as my partner and am happy with my choice (both for eternity and for this challenge). 

Here's what the challenge entails:

1) A weigh-in (that happened last Friday) including, BMI, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
2) Nutrition classes once a week
3) Working out with a trainer twice a week
4) Keeping track of what we eat, how much we exercise, and our (hopefully diminishing) weight (we have to e-mail an accounting of all of this every week--yay for accountability!).
5) At the final weigh in, they will take into account all the progress we made and they will crown the winners!!! (Hopefully us)

It is a comprehensive health challenge rather than just a weight loss challenge.  I am so grateful to have this opportunity to find the healthy me again.  They have encouraged us to blog about our journey, so if you want to see how I'm doing or read about what I discover about myself through this process, visit my 100 day heart challenge blog:  http://deanne100days.blogspot.com/  (I also put a link on my sidebar.) 

Wish us luck!
 

2 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

How exciting and what a great motivator. Hope it goes well!

Maleen said...

I think you will do fabulous, and even if you don't win, you still win, right? I am rooting you on. Let me know if I can help with anything.