Thursday, January 28, 2010

PPT

As mentioned in an earlier post, this was a birthday party year for Liv. She asked if she could invite her whole school class. My first thought was...um no. I didn't want to be responsible to look after and feed 30 kids and I definitely didn't want to introduce 30 presents into our home when we have been working so hard to de-clutter and organize. Liv's cousin Kamryn mentioned that she should have her party at PPT. Liv had only been there once and it was somewhat intimidating since she was one of the youngest ones there and all the teenagers and college students dominated the place. We looked into it and found out that it could be rented with a minimum of 15 people. Sweet. Olivia made this proposal: What if I invite my whole class (and cousins and a couple of friends) and tell them that instead of bringing presents, they bring $5 toward admission? Perfect. I wondered how the request would be met by other parents (I worried that it was tacky, and then I realized that I didn't care). When we agreed to her proposal she was thrilled! She couldn't sleep that night as she prepared how she would present this invitation to her class (she is so my daughter). That whole week we heard, "I'm so excited for my party" about a hundred times. She made a guest list the morning of the party (and then realized that we neglected to give the invitation to a few...oops), put it on a clip board and took it to the party to check people off as they came. I had no idea how many to expect. I was thrilled that there was a good turn out. I think they had a good time. But don't take my word for it. See for yourselves:

Darin's awesome run: It was a treasure.

The foam pit was super sanitary. It took every muscle to get out of that thing. Baby Briggy loving Lexi. Every time she came near he hung onto her shirt and hugged her. Devon finding out just how bouncy the trampoline is: The whole gang: It was the perfect party. Liv had a blast. All her friends had a blast (except the boy who hit his head on the wall AND lost his watch in the pit). After our time was up we gave each of the kids a donut and a Capri Sun, thanked them for coming and headed home. No clean up. No gathering up the presents and finding a home for them. Just happy (exhausted) kids.

6 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Wow! such an awesome way to gather kids without head aches afterwords! I wouldn't mind to have same party for my birthday :) LOL. Happy B-Day Olivia!

Marie said...

Wow! You're a cool mom!

Jodi said...

My whole family loved the birthday party - thanks for having us!
Love,
The exhausted, sweaty Wilson kids!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Happy birthday Liv!

Natalie said...

Love the idea. It looks so fun and I know my whole family would love it. I may have to copy your idea! Thanks!

Jodi said...

I would dare say that you guys are seriously cool parents. What an awesome birthday party!