Thursday, January 14, 2010

The big 1-1

Happy Birthday to my sweet girl! The day began with a friendly wake up call from the boys. We got ready and headed to breakfast at IHOP.

Liv's teacher had a surprise waiting for her on her desk when she arrived. We have been blessed with amazing teachers again this year! Darin and I went to the school to share some birthday treats in the afternoon along with Darin's traditional gift of flowers for the birthday girl (a tradition I borrowed from my friend Christa). The girls in the class were quite taken with Briggy. They were very sweet with him.
After school Liv had clogging. She was bummed that she had to go on her birthday, but I knew it would work out for the best. When I picked her up we headed out for my present to her...a mother/daughter pedicure! I know it sounds like a selfish gift, but I knew she would enjoy it more with company. She loved it (I did, too!). We decided that mother/daughter pedicures will be our new birthday tradition. Now we will pamper our feet twice a year on each of our birthdays. It was great knowing that she appreciated her gift much more after working hard at clogging.
In the evening we quickly ate dinner, then had cake and ice cream and opened presents. We didn't think ahead enough to organize a party (it's a friend party year), so we quickly called some family that lived close so she would feel like she was celebrated on her birthday. Her friend party is planned for next Saturday, and she is very excited about it.

No boyfriends!

Everything she got was for her hands or her feet.
Fake nails (the glue on kind from the grocery store. I like that they are so short)

Her beautifully pedicured feet:She also got new socks (very exciting) and some new black boots.
The birthday girl with Grandma Moses and Grandma and Grandpa Dahl:
She had a great day. I am so impressed with the young woman she is becoming. I am proud to call her my daughter.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are lucky to be the parents of such a wonderful daughter...and she's lucky to have such wonderful parents.

Adrianne Miller said...

How is she really 11 years old? That is amazing!