Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Details...

Thanks for all of your words of congratulations. Here are a few more details.

Due Date: June 22nd. (I'm 11 weeks.) It seems really far away, and we wanted to wait until Christmas to announce, but as it turns out, with baby #5, my body knows the drill, and has already started to expand. Unfortunately this is not contained to the belly area (my behind and thighs are in on the secret, and not to be out-done by the belly, they are making their presence known). To all those who are fortunate enough to have "belly only" pregnancies, please take a moment to be thankful.

How I'm feeling: Tired and a little nauseous, but really excited. I can't complain. Pregnancy is like medication for my arthritis. I have very little pain when I'm pregnant (hormones). I heard the heartbeat the day before Thanksgiving, and it sounds strong. That made me very grateful. We approach the first part of pregnancy with cautious optimism (I've had two miscarriages, so it makes it hard to get really excited until we hear a heartbeat).

How the kids are feeling: They are all very excited. Olivia is convinced (wishful thinking) it's a girl, Sean thinks it's a boy, Warren thinks it's twins, and David says I have a boy baby in my tummy and he has a girl baby in his tummy (who he will name "GooseMonster"). One of them is bound to be right.

How I got the stick into the balloon in a sanitary manner: This is for you, Stacy. I toyed with the idea of letting you believe it was still wet when it was inserted in the balloon, and that I made the Macey's employee put it in there, but decided that was a little bit sick and wrong. I assure you it was done in the most sanitary way possible. It was cleaned with a Clorox wipe, then I placed it in the balloon before the machine put air in it. Darin popped the balloon before the kids got home from school, so it was our little secret until the day before Thanksgiving.

What I am craving: Grape Gatorade and Jr. bacon cheeseburgers (from Wendy's). (In case you're interested, with Olivia it was corn dogs, Sean was ice cream, Warren and David were both crunchy tacos from Taco Bell.) Does anyone out there crave things that are GOOD for you when you're pregnant? It kind of makes me sick to read all those things listed together.

At my first appointment I found out my Dr. won't be here when I deliver. He is going on a medical service mission for the church and will leave at the first of the year. I have found a new doctor that will take over in January, but I'm a little sad not to have my Dr. I'm a creature of habit, and I felt so comfortable with him. I'm sure everything will be great with the new Dr.

We'll keep you posted!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! I read your last post while I was at my parents house getting ready for my brother's reception and then forgot to tell you how excited I am for you! That is so great. I hope everything goes well! :)

Harward Happenings said...

A big Congrats!! Hopefully you'll feel up to it and we'll get to meet your new additon at the family reunion. Hope everything goes well and the next months treat you kindly.

Anonymous said...

finally getting back online to catch up after the Thanksgiving holiday adn I see this! wonderful wonderful news and what a tender mercy that you feel better when you are PG ( meaning pain)

congrats you two!!!!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Thanks for details. How rude that you would keep that from your visiting teaching partner. j/k I'm glad your body feels better when you are pregnant. I'm with Olivia.

Maleen said...

Promise me that no matter who is right, you won't name the baby Goosemonster.
And I don't care what you have, all your kids are so cute. Okay, but a girl would be fun.

Tiffany said...

Yay Yay Yay! 5. Wow. I don't know if I'll make it to that number or not. . .you inspire me! I can't wait to see that little belly start to pop out. Believe me, I'm not one with a belly only prognancy. I've still got the hips, thighs and butt to prove it (3 months postpartum). We will be in Utah over the Holidays and you are on my "must see" list. Talk to you soon. tiff

Unknown said...

congrats! David is hilarious!

Becky said...

I did hamburgers for a little while. I had Matt making me hamburgers at home on the George Foreman every night. But, I've also gone through a salad and orange juice phase. I'm all over the place with cravings. Here's hopin' that the nausea subsides soon. Congrats!

Adrianne Miller said...

I craved hotdogs corn dogs and the Casita Burrito at Taco Time. KFC Opens at 10AM for all those who would like a mini corndog breakfast. They really got to know me for a few weeks.

Jodi said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! I am very excited for you and your family. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Rynell said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you!

Wright Family said...

I'm excited for you. Also it's funny that we are due on the same day. We should have wager who goes first...jk. Please let me know if you need any help. My craving has changed from pickles to Salt and Vinegar Chip. Just writing that makes my mouth water.